About Me

My photo
Former preschool and kindergarten school psychologist turned stay at home mom and felt food designer. Mr. Felt Food & I are total foodies and our daughter Grace is becoming one, too!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Experiment Continues: Etsy vs. Hyena Cart vs. Big Cartel

Not sure what I'm thinking these days, but I've decided to add Big Cartel to the experiment this week.  Mr. Felt Food Kids thinks I'm a bit nuts but he loves me, he's wonderful and he's used to indulging me in my ideas.

Big Cartel lets me list 5 items for free each month.  No commission even if items sell.  Their fees to list more items are a bit steeper than HC or Etsy.  Still, if I reach a larger customer base....right?  I'll be able to use my google analytics data to see if it drives more traffic to the Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/FeltFoodKids).  In my 5 items' descriptions, I added a link so buyers could go to the Etsy shop for better selection or international shipping.  BC was very easy to set up.  I could see expanding if I see sales or lots of traffic coming through the site.

Update on Etsy vs. Hyena Cart:  No sales through either yesterday or today but I have had signs of traffic through each.

I'm having fun with this experiment and hope you're having fun, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment