About Me

My photo
Former preschool and kindergarten school psychologist turned stay at home mom and felt food designer. Mr. Felt Food & I are total foodies and our daughter Grace is becoming one, too!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Peek Inside My Studio Part 2

Here's a look at the rest of my studio.  Someday I will move to a new, bigger place with custom storage and....ah....a girl can dream!

The dresser actually holds Grace's clothes but on top are all the important
"stay out of this Grace" items like spools of ribbon.  Those bins stacked on the
right are full of felt.  The bottom bin is the darkest colors, next bin is the lighter colors,
fabrics are stacked that don't fit in bins & the top bin holds larger sized scraps.

Another look at the bed/storage space for current projects.


By the doorway?  Boxes of projects I should finish someday .
The paper bag holds small felt scraps.
I don't want to waste any!


I am so grateful the closet has doors to hide the mess!
That pullout shoe organizer from Target really holds embroidery
floss, ziplock bags, modge podge, sewing baskets, etc.

Above the small stash of Grace's hanging clothes:  more boxes and bins!
This is long term storage for Christmas gifts I'm sewing as well
as craft supplies like cross stitching fabric, etc.

On the right side of the closet, drawers full of bias tape, seam binding,
ribbon, thread, everything I need to sew, sew, sew!

Stacked on them are folded stacks of fleece & clothes to upcycle.
The denim jackets are for an upcycle project & there are large lengths
of fleece on hangers to keep them out of the way.

Above that?  More storage with bins of more long term crafting
supplies, organized by type.

Finally, this small nightstand from my childhood is my
mailing station.  I keep my receipts for taxes in the shoebox and large
envelopes & boxes are to the right.


Thanks for looking through my mess that I call organized.  We may be moving soon & if so a large studio is at the top of our wish list.  I'll buy better storage when that happens but for now, I use boxes and dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment