About Me

My photo
Former preschool and kindergarten school psychologist turned stay at home mom and felt food designer. Mr. Felt Food & I are total foodies and our daughter Grace is becoming one, too!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Productive Week


I don't stress eat any more since I opened this etsy shop.  I stress sew & create.  Mr. Felt Food Kids' job may be moving us soon and we'll find out in the next few weeks to month.  Nothing I can do about it & we believe that God will put us where He wants us and yet I still wake at 2 a.m.  Unable to sleep, I've been getting up and getting to work.  Mr. FFK needs his sleep after all and that's hard to get with me tossing and turning.  Plus, it's calming to me to sew, sew, sew and sew I do!

Stack of bacon waiting for fat strips sewn on.

An army of bacon waiting for final seams and a final inspection.

Storing the eggs and bacon.  Just looking at this pic
makes me hungry!

There are plenty of times I'll work for a bit when Grace is awake.  What's my secret?  It's truly a secret ingredient that encourages  imaginative play and allows her to "work" right beside me.

RICE!

Toss rice in a 9 x 13 container and let the kids go to work.
She started playing with just a spoon.

After awhile, she ran & got more utensils from the kitchen.

Then her little people came to play.  Soon there were about a dozen
warming their toes in the warm "sand" beach she created.

If you have carpeted floors, be sure to put down a vinyl tablecloth or
sheet to contain the mess a bit.  Be prepared to vacuum, too though.
While she worked, I got some packaging labels made.
I'm loving the rainbow of colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment